I’m Allison Hart.
Before we get started, I feel the need to tell you right up front that I love my children. Yes, it’s true that I love them best when they’re sleeping, but nonetheless I love them, despite anything that I might say here, and I feel that it’s important that you know that from the beginning.
Now, to the meat of the matter: I’ve learned that motherhood is a series of shocks and disappointments, disgusting things under my fingernails, horrifying smells and constant irritation. There’s all the joy too, but that’s the stuff you’ve already heard about. Here’s the stuff that you won’t hear about because other moms might think you’d think they don’t love their kids enough, but I started with that, so I’m off the hook and will tell it like it is.
I’m a writer who works from home while trying to parent 7-year-old Luke and 5-year-old Sally. I’m married to Tim, who is silly because he’s from New Zealand. So far, we’re all surviving. We have good days and bad, but most are a mix of the two. I hope I can provide a few laughs as I trip my way along the road of motherhood. My kids are teaching me how to be a mom when I’m supposed to be teaching them. Truly, I have no idea what I’m doing.
I am the mom who makes you feel better about your parenting.
Assorted and random things about me:
- I’m 38;
- I’ve been married to Tim for 11 years;
- Before kids (BK), I traveled the world, held many assorted jobs, and lived in some fabulous places;
- A good friend of mine once told me, “Allison, you’re so smart and you hide it so well!”
- I think I’m funny. Sorry if you don’t;
- My favorite foods are sushi and maple sugar candy. Not together. Oh, and wine. Is wine a food?
- I think my kids are an endless source of amusement and misery. Often at the same time;
- I welcome comments. If you’re really mean, I might delete it. If you’re really mean but I think you’re funny, I might keep it;
- I promise to read every single comment. I can’t always reply, but it’s not because I don’t value the comments. I really do! It’s because sometimes I have to parent my kids;
- I am extremely sarcastic. If something I say here shocks you, chances are I’m joking.
So, that’s me. Thank you for visiting! Check out some of my popular posts to get a sense of what I’m all about.